Seasons of Whitefish
In Whitefish, MT, each season is a unique and exciting time to visit, thanks to its seasonal festivities, natural surroundings, and an array of outdoor activities for every type of weather. No matter when you visit, you can have the Montana vacation of a lifetime, with fun, family-friendly activities and breathtaking views to take in no matter the season.
Spring in Whitefish
- Snag a free bike rental from The Pine Lodge, and enjoy a breezy ride to downtown Whitefish, a nearby trail, or even Going-to-the-Sun Road.
- On a warmer day, rent a paddleboard or kayak from The Pine Lodge for free, and explore the Whitefish River.
- Walk or bike the scenic Going-to-the-Sun Road right as it re-opens, and beat the heat (and the summer crowds!)
- Turn our town tour into an adventure by geocaching with an eight-step treasure hunt that will bring you around the entire town of Whitefish.
- Spot the buds of wildflowers growing along the Danny On trail.
- Reawaken your creative side with Whitefish’s own bestselling author, Laura Munson, at her nationally acclaimed Haven Writing Retreat.
- Visit the Whitefish Equestrian Center.
- On a rainy day, go to the local Great Northern Brewing Company. Check out delicious local beers in Whitefish’s tallest building – three whole stories high!
Summer in Whitefish
- Kayak along the Whitefish River with the Pine Lodge’s free kayak rentals.
- Try out paddleboarding using free rentals provided by the Pine Lodge on Whitefish River.
- Check out the fresh produce and chat with local growers each Tuesday at the Whitefish Farmer’s Market.
- Hike the nearby Whitefish Trail, a 25-mile winding path through nature right in the town of Whitefish, MT.
- Check out the annual Huckleberry Days Art Festival in August to see 100+ artists, vendors, and performances, and a huckleberry bake-off.
- Enjoy the beautiful scenery while walking or driving along Going-to-the-Sun Road. Pack a picnic and stop at a scenic overlook to take in the view!
- Go ziplining on Montana’s longest zipline at Whitefish Mountain Resort.
- Whitewater raft in the Middle and North Fork of the Flathead River.
- Swim at City Beach, a simple walk or bike ride from downtown Whitefish.
Fall in Whitefish
- Embrace the last of the summer weather with a paddleboard or kayak trip along the Whitefish River, using the free outdoor equipment rentals offer at The Pine Lodge.
- Bike along Going-to-the-Sun Road as the weather cools down, with spectacular views of the leaves changing along the mountains and valleys. Bike rentals are free with your stay at The Pine Lodge!
- Celebrate Oktoberfest and taste some local beers at Whitefish’s annual Great Northwest Oktoberfest festival.
- Appreciate the changing colors of the leaves at Glacier National Park.
- Enjoy locally brewed ciders and see the orchards at Big Mountain Ciderworks, located only 20 minutes away from Whitefish, MT.
- Stroll along the fishing trails and hiking paths that weave through Whitefish, MT and take in the brisk air and most colorful time of year.
Winter in Whitefish
- Go skiing or snowboarding at Whitefish Mountain Resort, and take advantage of our new Ski Van service for a quick commute up or down the mountain.
- Try out snowshoeing in Glacier National Park, along the open sections of Going-to-the-Sun Road.
- Get your fitness on at WAVE Fitness Center, or zen out at Yoga Hive studios.
- Attend the Christmas Stroll; listen (and sing along!) to Christmas carols, meet Santa Claus, roast chestnuts, go on a wagon ride, and more at this annual Christmas festival.
- Spend an afternoon ice skating at the Stumptown Ice Den.
- Visit the Stumptown Art Studio, a non-profit community art center. While you are there, try out pottery making and other walk-in classes, no appointment necessary.
- Check out the local art scene at the Going to the Sun Gallery, Frame of Reference Fine Art Gallery, Stark Gallery, or Rare Bird Studio Gallery, all located right in Whitefish, MT.
- Escape from the cold with a coffee roasting tour at Montana Coffee Traders, or buy a hot chocolate and vintage read at Copperleaf Chocolat and Voyageur Booksellers.
- Learn some local history at the Stumptown Historical Society and Whitefish Museum, or experience cultures from around the world at the Sunti World Art Gallery.
Exclusive Offers, Upcoming Events and More!